March 15, 2016

Maggie Beer's Spring Harvest Recipes by Maggie Beer

Maggie Beer's Spring Harvest Recipes
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

Another delightful book from Maggie Beer's Harvest series, Maggie Beer's Spring Harvest has held up the tradition of good, honest, seasonal food. As I've said before, not everything is available where I live, but there's still plenty to cook! The Roast Waxy Potatoes with Pancetta, Capers and Preserved Lemon was delightful even without the lemon! I'm waiting for good, Meyer lemons to come in season so I can preserve my own as I've not had luck finding them around here. In the meantime, the recipe was still a winner. I made them with a beautiful roasted turkey and the family was thrilled. Next up in the potato section is the Gnocchi with Crisp Sage Leaves when my sage gets big enough!

The strawberries are starting to show up in the stores from further south, so Moist Buttermilk Cake with Strawberries will be on my menu shortly. Veal pan-fried with Rosemary and Lemon melts in your mouth, and her Golden Chicken Stock recipe works great for so many things.

Recipe after recipe makes my mouth water and gets me heading for the kitchen. Give it a try and delight your family with a delicious meal tonight!

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Lantern Press through IPG for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)