March 11, 2016

The Rugby Pantry by Daisy Dagg & Amber Vito

The Rugby Pantry: Healthy Measures & Guilty Pleasures
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

The wives of two rugby players from New Zealand's All Blacks teamed to create a lovely cookbook of delightful food that is (mostly) healthy as well. By the time I finished my first flip through the book, it looked like a porcupine with all the papers marking recipes I wanted to try sticking out. I cooked my first recipe that very night, the Caramelized Banana Bread. Oh, my!! Moist and luscious, this is all you could want in a banana bread!

The Zucchini Fries are an absolute treat that you don't have to feel guilty eating!! Spatchcocked Spiced Chicken with Jewelled Couscous & Raita was amazing!! I didn't actually make the Raita as I just found out that I can't eat cucumbers, but the chicken and couscous was utterly delightful! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the dates and oranges in the couscous, but they lifted the dish and were lovely.

The Fritto Misto was fun to do with my kids as was the Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Unfortunately, the Spring Rolls were less than enjoyable as we discovered that we do not like the rice paper rolls. The filling was delicious, and the dipping sauce is absolutely divine!!

This book has easily jumped to my favorites shelf and there are still many, many recipes that I'm dying to make--I just didn't want to wait to get my review out and let people know how wonderful this cookbook really is! I am happy to give it my highest recommendation.

I received a copy of this book from Upstart Press through IPG for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)