March 11, 2016

The Art of Traditional Italian by Lucio Galletto

The Art of Traditional Italian
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

As anyone who knows much at all about me knows, I LOVE Italian food! Needless to say, this book was high on my list of books I wanted to review. It did not disappoint!

The book itself is gorgeous and well made. The colors pop, and the recipes are a delight. Scattered through the book is original artwork by some of Australia's finest artists. I like the fact that they are a wide variety of styles so that while some may not necessarily be something I enjoy, there are still many, many others that are lovely.

As far as the food goes....let's just say "party in my mouth" comes to mind! The recipes are easy to follow and many have a full color, full page photo to go with them. The Spaghetti alla Siciliana is simple but amazing. Orecchiette al Funghi e Salsiccia was an instant family favorite, even for those who normally don't like mushrooms! Saltimbocca alla Romano is, well, perfection on a plate!!

There are so many recipes I want to try still, and some I want to make a second time...and a third.....you get the picture. I'm sure I will be cooking out of this book for years to come. Give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Lantern through IPG for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)